Jay is the host of New York’s longest running hip-hop radio show, WBAI’s Underground Railroad, and his Ill Doctrine videos have been featured on The Rachel Maddow Show, NPR’s All Things Considered, and cited as one of the “Best Podcasts of the Year” on iTunes.
I fuck with this dude’s perspective on shit. He’s well spoken. He reads alot of shit. Always has somehting interesting to talk about.
PS. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THE RECORD LABELS ARE BEHIND THE PRISON INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX!!!!
Not only is Pauly D my favorite fiend on The Jersey Shore, this mug Dash… DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POST WORKOUT MEALS SMF HAS SHARED WITH THAT MUG?!!? It’s fucking insane how many of the people we know that are out in the world doing shit that people think is mad cool. This is why I get too mooked and tweak out and swear that I’m on the Truman Show once a month.
I find it dumb weird watching our homies hoop with the hottest rappers in the game right now. Cole is easily the nicest hooping rapper in the game. I’m pretty sure the Dreamville x SMF hoop squad would wash any rap squad’s team.
PS. Unless YMCMB gets JR to play. Then we might have an issue.
PPS. Where was Bas during this hoop session? I’d bet $100 that senor #FIEND himself, was mooking/busting Drizzy’s ass in FIFA.
I see London, I see France … WHOA UPSKIRT ACTION!!!
PS. In my twisted mind, this was 100% done on purpose. Dude cut off chicks mic when he saw the other chick fingerblasting herself off camera and then POW motherfuck a stock bitch we got a rise due to upskirt action.
So in case you didn’t know, my homie Fiend Lu aka Lu Mook recently got booted from his girl’s crib. So now this fiend is straight homeless. First off, let this be a lesson to you idiots out there that decide to move in with your girlfriends:
#1 – Put a password on your computer.
#2 – GET YOUR NAME ON THE LEASE. Even if you pay half the rent every month and you purchased the place together, agreeing it was a 50/50 ownership from the start, when shit hits the fan all that matters is whose name is on that god damn lease.
So in short Fiend Lu is starting the “Fiend Tour”. Basically he is just going to fiend out and crash all around the tri states for however long it takes to get back on his feet. Could be a long ass time, he is a fiend.
FIEND TOUR DAY 1: @Wave_Bandana’s NYC Apt.
Fiend Lu came over drunk after the Rangers game from Brother Jimmys. He insisted we cop this straight BOO mook. The BOO weed took about 3 hours to get there, everyone else fell asleep.
We mooked the shit out of that BOO all night. We watched Donovan McNabb highlights and “River Monsters” at 2am on volume 100/100.
I woke up at 5am, Fiend Lu was sleeping with River Monsters still on Volume 100.
at 8am Fiend Lu wakes up and mooks the rest of the Boo before work.
What a fiend. Can’t wait for day 2.
PS - The rest of the Fiend Tour dates will be posted soon. You can follow Fiend Lu live here on Supermookinfiends.com or on Twitter.
PPS – This is all in good fun with some slight exaggerations.
This is your third video to hit a million views… good shit bruh.
Now it’s time to #HATEHARD. If Drizzy Drake had weak punchlines, was white and from Maryland he’d be this dude. If I was Drake, I’d drop kick this nigga in the balls cause dude really just ran with Drake’s whole schtick. That’s all I got.
Interesting. The percentage of funds used for Defense shrunk considerably, but it’s still number 1. Meanwhile “Everything else” (includes education, science, NASA, energy, natural resources, justice, and agriculture, etc) also shrunk.
I go so back and forth on Defense spending. There’s been times where I’ve done my whole rant “Priorities People! We spend blah blah on weapons and were ranked #17 in schools, blah blah blah”. You know those cynical assholes that think they know how to run shit based on information made available to the public.
Then I’ll get high and watch a documentary on terrorists and I’ll be like “Fuck it, take whatever you want from my check towards Defense. Build the death star, put a force field over NYC”.
People are going to look at this chart and make all kinds of comments and share their opinions. I’m all for discussion, it’s just a tough subject. I really can’t believe that everyone that takes office has such fucked up priorities and agendas. As I alluded to earlier, all the assholes that judge how we spend money only base their opinions on information MADE available to us. We know what they want us to know. I feel like the second your sworn in, you find out so much fucked up shit your every part of your mind is just blown. I can write all the papers I want about corruption, politics, etc. but If I knew what they knew, I wonder what tune I would be singing.
PS – Shouts to Fiend Hemdi for the link.
Source: Office of Management and Budget
A few notes:
Everything elseis everything not listed separately on the graphic.That includes education, science, NASA, energy, natural resources, justice, and agriculture, among other things.
Defense spending The figures in the graph include veterans’ benefits as well as funding for current operations.
Medicaid, Medicare and other health services Fifty years ago Medicare and Medicaid didn’t even exist, and federal spending on other health-related services made up a tiny sliver of the whole.
Safety net programs include unemployment compensation, food stamps and housing assistance. Spending on these programs surged during and after the most recent recession, as unemployment rose sharply.
Interest refers to interest the government pays on the national debt. In 1987, the interest rate on 10-year Treasury bonds was around 9 percent, driving up the share of government spending that went to interest. Today, the rate on 10-year Treasuries is roughly 2 percent.
Bonus Numbers! Federal spending has grown roughly as fast as the overall economy over the past 50 years. In 1962, federal spending was $707 billion and accounted for 18 percent of U.S. GDP. In 2011, federal spending was $3.1 trillion and accounted for 24 percent of GDP. (The dollar figures are adjusted for inflation.)
I guess DMX and his management realized what a fiend move it would be to drop this tape at Midnight as opposed to an hour when normal humans are online.
I planned to do a full review, but to be honest it’s so short I already listened to the whole thing. There’s really only about 4 full songs. Here are my major takeaways:
1. The most important thing to take from this tape, and what I really believe it accomplishes, is proving that X is NOT completely washed up yet. Maybe I’m biased because I’m such a big fan, but I felt optimistic after hearing this as opposed to when after I heard “Grand Champ” and I was legitimately depressed. I feel like he has something left to offer to music. It’s a little raw, but there are some clever, conscious bars embedded in this tape. With the exception of “Where I Wanna Be”, his vocals sound pretty damn decent. I’m not saying this is something to go run around burning down the streets with, but I think it’s enough for any fan to still believe he has another good album in him. I’m pretty sure that is what his camp was trying to prove.
2. Don’t let the first song ”Where I Wanna Be” detour you. I like the hook and I like the beat, but for some reason his voice doesn’t sound quality here at all. I was actually kinda freaking out. Being that this is the first track, you would think it sets the tone. It doesn’t though, I think it is the lowest quality track on the EP. Like I almost feel like there is no way he recorded this in an actual studio. It doesn’t sound right at all. But don’t freak out like I did, proceed to the rest of the tape which is much better.
3. “Last Hope” is a good ass song. Straight up. Listen to it.
4. “Where My Dogs At” I was diggin’, but I think it’s short. Might be a snippet. The Snoop Track and Wright or Wrong are bump worthy too.
5. I like the direction and approach they seem to be taking. You’ll notice the songs have a similar vibe. They are mostly on mellow beats with soulful R&B hooks. I’m thinking at this point you have to play to X’s strengths. To me, his strengths are that after all the shit he’s dealt with in the past decade he has to have a lot of pain, sadness, and passion again. It seems that the style and direction of these songs really play to a passionate artists who carries a big burden on him. This seems to be the best way for X to really convey his pain over the records. This would be the best approach for his current state, I’d much rather see this then try to force another “Party Up” outta him. It’s realer to me.
That’s really all I have to say. Like I said, it’s very short. But it provided me with at least 2-3 new songs I will actually bump, and most importantly it proved to me there is reason to be hopeful for the album. Because I was actual worried this could be a disaster.