CARLE PLACE, N.Y. (AP) — A Dunkin’ Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.
Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.
The tech’s detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.
The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.
Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.
This is the kind of shit that haunts my dreams.
I do not fuck with carbon monoxide at all. Anything labeled a “silent killer”, I do not fuck with.
Imagine just going about your day, serving fiends donuts and coffee, and then just dropping dead. That’s absolutely INSANE.
Life is so trippy though. If this dude doesn’t go into that EXACT Dunkin Donuts to get coffee (think about how many places you can buy coffee in New York) wearing a fucking carbon monoxide detector (what the fuck are those odds?), then all those innocent employees drop dead. How incredible is that?
It literally gives me chills. Coincidence? Higher Power? Or does everything happen for a reason?
PS – Dying at your job seems like the worst way to go. I feel like right before you die, you realize how meaningless and bullshit half of what you wasted you life on really is. All this crap just to make a buck. All this stress for no reason. We were not meant to spend our short lives doing a lot of this shit. So the last place I want to die is in the actual place I wasted a lot of time in. That is of course, unless you LOVE what you do. So the moral of the story is, DO WHAT YOU LOVE. BEcause each day could be your last. Case in point: Bas’s story.